Job Title : IT Support Apprentice
Employer : Tech Solvers Limited
Location : London Colney, Hertfordshire, AL2 1BG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Computing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00105
Brief Description : We are looking for someone to join our first line support team, offering support via remote access and occasional onsite support with clients.
Qualifications Required : • 5 or more GCSEs above C, including English and Maths
Vacancy Detail : • Provide timely and polite IT support to clients of TechSolvers Limited.
• Majority of support to be performed using Remote Access Tools and onsite visits to client sites.
• Deal with all issues according to company guidelines ie. take call, log call, fix/resolve issue, confirm fix with user, close call.
• Deal with calls on a priority basis following the agreed service level agreements (SLA’s) TechSolvers have in place.
• Resolve issues following best practise, compared to quick fixes.
• Proactively support client systems.
• Monitor the health of client systems via TechSolvers monitoring solution. Raise tickets and resolve issues that monitoring identifies.
• Escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
• Make recommendations for improvements and changes to client systems.
• Look out for trends in the type of issues that TechSolvers clients face, and suggest methods of reducing call/fault volumes.
• Visit to client sites for onsite support and project work.
• Flexibility regarding dealing with Critical issues outside of core working hours.
• Project work as and when requested by the Company Directors.
• Successfully and actively taking part in a IT Apprenticeship. All exams must be passed and all optional modules taken. TechSolvers must be satisfied that the assignee is participating in the course and self-study aspects to their requirements.
• It must be understood that to complete the course a certain amount of self-study (outside of business hours) will be required.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday- Friday 9am- 5.00pm
Salary : £129.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/06/2018
Possible Start Date : 11/07/2018
Skills Required : • Basic understanding of Microsoft Desktop technologies
• High interest and enthusiasm for IT
• Driving license and a car are considered beneficial
Future Prospects : Progression onto a Level 4 for the right candidate will be available.
Training to be Provided : MTA Networking Fundamentals
• MTA Mobility & Devices Fundamentals
• MTA Server Administration Fundamentals
• MTA Software Development Fundamentals
• CIW Internet Business Associate
Functional Skills Level 2 English and Maths*
Things to consider : As you will be representing the company, are you polite, friendly and presentable?
The map below shows the employer's location