Job Title : Business Administration and Customer Service Apprentice
Employer : Greenside School
Location : Stevenage , Hertfordshire, SG2 9XS
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Admin/ Office/ Sales
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00091
Brief Description : A great opportunity to join a friendly, excellent school and gain experience and knowledge in business administration and the day to day running of a school.
Qualifications Required : The preferred candidate will have finished their GCSE or other skills qualifications in English and Maths, though consideration will be given to highly-motivated young people willing to achieve a qualification in Functional Skills (English, Maths & ICT) at Levels 2.
Vacancy Detail : In your role as a business administration apprentice you will undertake reception and administration duties, ensuring effective and friendly service. You will have excellent communication skills and an ability to answer general telephone enquiries and welcoming guests, student and parents when they enter the school.
You will be entrusted with a range of responsibilities including dealing with stakeholders’ inquiries and ensuring you work with the team to provide an efficient, friendly and highly professional service. In addition, you will also be required to undertake duties associated with administration and provide support in other administration areas as directed by your mentor.
At the end of the 12 months Apprenticeship you will be expected to be able to deliver the following duties:
• Undertake administrative and office based tasks as required, including filing, photocopying, setting up meetings, scanning documents.
• Contribute to and support the delivery of a high quality administrative service working within the School.
• Act as first point of contact for customer enquiries. Answer routine enquiries, prepare correspondence, and refer complex queries to senior colleagues.
• Input information onto databases to maintain accurate records, ensuring information is correct and up-to-date.
• Demonstrate flexibility and motivation to work well as part of a team and support other members of the team as required.
This role is term-time only, however training days may fall in school holidays.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5
Salary : £131.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 31/10/2018
Possible Start Date : 13/11/2018
Personal Qualities : • A level of maturity commensurate with working in a school office environment will be required
• Willing to learn and professionally develop
• Committed to self-development
• Does what they say they will do when they make a commitment – i.e. show up on time and not let people down
• Values others - Understanding of equality and diversity issues
• Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with excellent interpersonal skills and a courteous, professional manner
• Confident to take the lead when appropriate
• Committed to collective success
• Creative and innovative
• Flexible approach to work, use of initiative and willingness to take on new tasks
Skills Required : Experience of working as part of a team in a flexible and cooperative manner
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Windows & Office software including WORD, EXCEL and Outlook
• Good standard of written English with the ability to draft, layout & format reports, correspondence & documents; good understanding of grammar & spelling
• Good typing skills
• Organised approach, attentiveness to detail and good planning skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• A good work attendance record, with no health problems likely to impact adversely on performance in post
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information & discretion when handling sensitive information
Future Prospects : Ideally the employer would like to offer you full time employment once you have completed your apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : Knowledge
•Knowing Your Customers
•Understanding the Organisation
•Meeting Regulations and Legislation
•Systems and Resources
•Product and Service Knowledge
•Dealing with Customer Conflict and Challenge
•Being Open to Feedback
•Equality – Treating all Customers as Individuals
•Presentation – Dress Code, Professional Language
Things to consider : Are you a mature candidate willing to work in a school which has a range of student who have complex, severe and profound learning difficulties?
The map below shows the employer's location