Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Employer : Purwell Primary School
Location : Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0PU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Computing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00062
Brief Description : This is a great opportunity to develop a wide range of technical IT skills by supporting a variety of end users in a busy, friendly, supportive school.
Qualifications Required : The ideal candidate will have A – C grades in GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent).
Vacancy Detail : In this role, you will be providing IT support within a successful primary school to staff and students. Tasks will include:
- 1st and 2nd line support for a variety of end users with different IT knowledge and experience
- Software installation and upgrade
- Setting up and supporting a wide range of ICT equipment for school events
- Hardware installation, rebuilding and upgrades for a wide range of IT products/equipment such as PCs, laptops, projectors and tablet devices
- Trouble shooting software and hardware faults
- User profile administration using Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network maintenance
- Printer setup and maintenance
- Supporting various school departments with their IT infrastructure requirements
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday- Friday 9am-4pm
Salary : £120.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 15/01/2019
Possible Start Date : 10/02/2019
Personal Qualities : - Genuine interest in IT
- Enjoy working in a school environment
- Proactive, self-motivated and positive
- Hardworking and eager to learn new skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Professional and friendly
- Good team player but also able to work independently
- Analytical and logical
Skills Required : - Good problem solving and logical thinking skills to handle technical faults
- Good knowledge of IT systems with basic knowledge of computer components and hardware
- Experience with installing software
- Basic experience in solving IT issues
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support staff and students effectively.
- You will need to be a professional individual who is happy supporting staff and students in a working environment
- Any knowledge of safeguarding would be a distinct advantage
- You will need to be organised and have good time management in order to balance multiple tasks
- Happy to work independently and manage own workload when required
- Flexible in terms of tasks and hours as you may be required to work flexible hours to support school events
Future Prospects : There would be the opportunity to progress onto a Level 4 apprenticeship with the school upon successful completion of the Level 3 apprenticeship.
Training to be Provided : • MTA Network Fundamentals
• MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
• MTA Cloud Fundamentals
• MTA Software Development Fundamentals
• CIW – Internet Business Associate
• Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (depending on current qualifications)
• Employee Rights & Responsibilities (ERR)
Other Information : You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check due to working in a school environment. This will be paid for by the school.
The wage will be pro rota as this is a term time job.
Things to consider : You may be required to work flexible hours on occasions to support school events. You should be comfortable working in an environment with children and be aware of safeguarding procedures which you will need to follow, which you will receive full training on and support with.
The map below shows the employer's location